Governing Entity Assessement Version 3.0 Released
Want to strengthen and improve your board of health? We have a new tool just for you! NALBOH is pleased to announce the release of the National Public Health Performance Standards (NPHPS) Governing Entity Assessment Version 3.0. This version has been significantly streamlined and provides strategies to help improve your board of health and the jurisdiction's health for years to come! The Governance Assessment can help you make more effective policy, program, and resource decisions for your community.
NPHPS Governance Assessment users report numerous benefits, including:
- Setting an optimal standard to which governing entities can aspire
- Building awareness of the range of governing entity responsibilities
- Identifying the governing entity's strengths and weaknesses
- Informing the strategic planning process
- Informing policy development activities
Additionally, the Governance Assessment is a useful tool for your governing entity to complete while your public health agency is preparing for public health accreditation from the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Click here to learn more about the assessment and download the materials.