The National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH)
The National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH) informs, guides, and serves as the national voice for boards of health. In today’s public health system, the leadership role of boards of health makes them an essential link between public health services and a healthy community. Uniquely positioned to deliver technical expertise in governance and leadership, board development, health priorities, and public health policy, NALBOH strives to strengthen good governance where public health begins—at the local level.
The mission of NALBOH is to strengthen and improve public health governance.
The vision of NALBOH is boards of health that are:
- Appointed as a result of a well-informed selection process.
- Comprised of individuals who have demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively represent and serve.
- Well-connected to other stakeholders in public health and government.
- Effectively and competently serving the public health needs of their community in accordance with the core functions and essential public health services.
- Aware of NALBOH’s resources and actively engaged in its success.
NALBOH has been engaged in establishing a significant voice for local boards of health on matters of national public health policy. If you are involved with a local board of health, NALBOH is here to support you.
NALBOH's most recent bylaws are located here.